● A three-way design
midrange and high
● Direct-radiating 12-inch woofer for powerful low frequencies.
● 99 dB sensitivity delivers Smooth, dynamic and low distortion sound
● Available in a high-quality Cherry, Walnut or Black Ash wood veneer finish
Because of its relatively "compact" size, this model offers the greatest degree of placement flexibility in the Heritage Series line. First introduced in 1957, the Heresy, a three-way design, started out as a compact center channel speaker to accompany the Klipschorn® in three-speaker stereo arrays. In 1985, we made some changes and improvements to this model and re-released it as the Heresy II. Today, the new Heresy III has a more powerful woofer, a bi-wire network, and a titanium diaphragm tweeter with a larger magnet assembly. The midrange compression driver also features a new titanium diaphragm.
All of these changes result in improved tonal balance and increased output. In fact the Heresy III is three decibels louder (96 to 99dB), improving on its already high sensitivity.
In addition to delivering smooth, dynamic and low distortion sound, the Heresy III is available in a high-quality cherry, walnut or black ash wood veneer finish. Included is a slant riser base for floor placement that can be removed for cabinet installations. Because
of its relatively “compact” size, this model offers the greatest degree of placement flexibility in the Heritage Series line.
● BUILT FROM: 2006
● CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: HF: 5000Hz
● DIMENSIONS: 23.81" H (60.48 cm) x 15.5" W (39.37 cm) x 13.25" D (33.66 cm)
● ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF
● ENCLOSURE TYPE: Sealed
● FINISHES: Walnut Lacquer, Cherry Lacquer, Black Lacquer
● FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 58Hz-20kHz(+-)3dB
● HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: Tractrix Horn
● MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 116dB SPL
● MID FREQUENCY HORN: Exponential Horn
● MIDRANGE: K-53-TI 1.75" (4.45 cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
● NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
● POWER HANDLING: 100 w max continuous (400 w peak)
● SENSITIVITY: 99dB @ 1watt/1meter
● TWEETER: K-107-TI 1" (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
● WEIGHT: 44 lbs unboxed
● WOOFER: K-28-E 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone
● £2,500.00 a pair (2018)